- Write code that is simple, readable, testable and maintainable.
- Follow a feature/service component throughout its lifecycle from problem formulation to solution delivery and operations.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management (and other roles) to refine the functional requirements and build test cases to be verified during development and feature release.
- Suggest and implement solutions that simplify the technical architecture of individual services or pay down technical debt.
- Coach less experienced engineers and new joiners.
- Improve operational excellence, including deployment automation, observability and general resilience of our products
- Support Zalando developers in effectively using our infrastructure through documentation, support requests, training, etc.
- Investigate issues in software, libraries and cloud infrastructure.
- +3 years of recent industry experience as a systems or backend engineer.
- Production grade knowledge in Go, coupled with excellent general software engineering skills.
- Experience with edge / bot protection is a plus.
- Experience in software and API design is a plus.
- Experience with microservices architecture, distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience building and/or running large-scale applications is a plus.
- Experience in contributing to Open Source Software is a plus.
- Interest in network security related topics is a plus.
- Strong AWS knowledge and/or Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.