46909BR FRANCE - Paris, GERMANY - Munich, GERMANY - Paderborn
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys' Optical Solutions Group is a leading developer of optical design and analysis tools that model all aspects of light propagation, enabling users to produce accurate virtual prototypes leading to manufacturable optical systems.Senior Software Developer for Rendering Solutions
Synopsys has an opening for a Senior Software Developer within the Optical Solutions Group (OSG). We are looking for an accomplished developer/ researcher in the field of computer graphics. The position requires strong development skills but also necessitates the ability to understand, experiment, and implement current research into code.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop improvements to our light transport algorithms to increase their versatility, efficiency and robustness
- Research, experiment, build and incorporate the optical effects of scattering, polarization, and interference phenomenon into software
- Building solutions for our optical design software tools used by leading automotive lighting companies
- Contribute to a culture of product quality through developing logical, scalable, and maintainable architecture.
- Promote on-going practices of code refactoring, code reviews, unit testing, and regression test case creation and monitoring
- Work with developers, testers, and customer representatives in an agile environment to create innovative illumination software solutions to tackle cutting edge problems
- 5+ years’ experience as a top performing technical software developer with an aptitude and passion of writing technical application software
- Proficiency in GPU programming via OptiX, CUDA or similar APIs for NVIDIA GPUs is a plus
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Strong command of all aspects of Object-Oriented Design, modern C# or C++, and Software engineering techniques
- Successful track record of developing commercial quality software products and shipping production ready software for large code bases
- Excellent communication skills
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.
- Knowledge of optics or the automotive lighting industry
- Experience with multithreaded software and debugging such applications
- Experience with solid modeling kernels