BILD is the best-selling newspaper in Germany. Our pure-Kotlin Android 99.9% crash-free app has been downloaded more than 6M+ times and has 4.7M monthly unique users.
We are looking for a passionate senior developer to join our Android team. As a member of our agile development team, you are going to develop creative solutions and innovative ideas to make our app even better and more attractive and bring the team skill to the next level.
We are looking for people who want to help shape the future of journalism in the digital media world with creativity and passion. Open to new ideas? Courageous, innovation-driven and willing to actively participate in change? Then apply now to Axel Springer National Media & Tech.
passionate and awesome Android developer to join our agile Android team
- you help us to concept and implement a modular and future-oriented app architecture for the the BILD Android Apps
- you develop creative ideas and solutions that will improve our products
- you support and coach your teammates to constantly improve their tech skills, and drive discussions to find the best implementations for challenging tasks
- you write clean code with meaningful tests and perform code reviews for each new piece of code
- you work with Android Studio and Gradle using various 3rd party projects like Dagger and RxJava
- you use and improve our build processes with tools like Jenkins
- you drive the tech exchange and code sharing between our Android teams
- you work closely with other teams such as our product management or backend team using Microsoft Teams, Slack, Jira, Confluence and GitHub
- you support the departments in the conception and specification of the requirements for native Android Apps, also in interaction with backend functionalities
talented senior Android developer with at least five years of experience, having successfully delivered big, real-life projects
- you are passionate about sharing, challenging and improving your knowledge and skills in a cross-functional team, and are also experienced or curious working with backend technologies
- additionally, you give the team the right impulses – and apply yourself as sparring partner, coach and mentor
- you love to stay ahead of the market by learning, evaluating and using the latest technologies
- you have excellent knowledge of Kotlin, JetPack libraries, MVVM, and modular Android App architecture
- you are familiar with build systems (CI/CD), automated testing and deployment, and are a fan of automation in general
personal development, participation on purpose work and fun with a great team
- a well-architected modularized native android project based on established design principles and patterns.
- flexible working environment: Although we have a modern office in the center of Berlin (http://www.axelspringer-neubau.de/) where you can enjoy free lunch, coffee, fruits, water, and many other benefits, you have the option to work up to 50% remotely
- we are up-to-date: We use the latest technologies available: Kotlin, Coroutines, Dagger2, (Semi) Server Driven UI, JetPack libraries, and more ...
- innovation days: We do innovation days on a regular basis to try out new things
- we support open source development, tech blogging and having speeches at conferences
- training: You have the chance to pursue your professional development by attending many seminars, workshops, and various conferences supported by a fixed budget. You also have the opportunity for regular tech exchange and networking with subsidiaries of Axel Springer Group (idealo, Awin, Stepstone, Immowelt, Bonial, and many more www.axelspringer.com/de/marken)
- Blue Card visa sponsorship is possible for the right candidate
Due to the current situation caused by the corona virus, we do job interviews via online video call (e.g. Microsoft Teams)Getting curious? Check out what we are doing on GitHub: github.com/spring-media
Axel Springer National Media & Tech is the central pillar for Tech & Product and Central Functions of Axel Springer's German media offerings. We ensure that our strong national brands (including BILD, WELT) are optimally positioned to drive journalism forward. We are looking for new colleagues who are not dizzy at our pace of change and who want to actively shape the future of the media with their own ideas.
The most frequently asked questions and their answers can be found on our FAQ page: career.axelspringer.com/en/faqDiversity is an essential part of our corporate culture! We are looking forward to receiving all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.You can find information about the representation for the severely disabled at Axel Springer here: career.axelspringer.com/en/ksbv
Contact person for this position (reference number REF148U) is Madeleine Bänsch #LI-MB1