At OneFootball it’s important to us to create a flexible and inclusive work environment. This position is open for applications either onsite in our Berlin and London offices or remotely in Germany, United Kingdom, Poland and Portugal.We believe that great, agile software engineering requires creativity in solving problems for our users, a scalable architecture, great coding as well as open minded communication.At OneFootball we are delivering the product experience for football fans, the platform for our content partners and tools for our internal users. Our main systems consist of a micro service architecture with golang applications running on Kubernetes in AWS, serving iOS, Android and Web clients. You can check our Stackshare page, too.OneFootball Network is the fuel that drives the OneFootball platform, as it ingests all the data that you see on our platform from our content partner platforms. As we grow, it becomes more important than ever to make as much of the content from our partners available to the rest of our platform as possible, and to do so as fast as possible.You will join a cohesive cross-functional Agile team that spearheads all efforts related to the OneFootball Network.Your Role:
- Build & improve services to ingest content from external sources.
- Lead the evolution of our backend stack.
- Ensure high code standards and actively promote the adoption of best practices both inside and outside the team.
- Promote & engage in code reviews, pair programming and other collaborative activities.
- Provide guidance to other backend engineers in the team.
- Liaison with everyone (i.e. engineers, lead, product designer and product manager) in the team and relevant stakeholders outside of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development.
- Humble and open to giving & receiving feedback.
- Value readable and well-tested code.
- Expertise in programming with Golang, development of REST APIs, and leveraging SQL/NoSQL databases and message queues for data storage.
- Good knowledge of DevOps practices, and microservices & event-sourcing architectures.
- Solid understanding of Agile development principles.
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, submit your application and join our Engineering team!
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.