Contact us Apply for this job
Research & Development
BoenenSiemensstr. 25-27, 59199 Boenen
Our digital farm management solutions support our customers in their daily work throughout the world. As a (Junior/Senior) Software Developer Cloud (f/m/d) you can join our projects right away and will work with us to provide the best digital offerings for farmers, technicians, and herd managers in the milking industry. Our highly experienced and motivated development teams at our location in Bönen (Dortmund/Hamm area) are looking forward to working with you. We count on your active involvement in our software development department for the provisioning of our application landscape (IoT and cloud) and we are keen on implementing and extending our cloud application portfolio with you.
Who we are:
- We are part of the GEA Farm Technologies Digital Unit and focus solely on the development of digital solutions and services
- At GEA, internal developers are working with external partners and employees of diverse professions
- We develop a management system for our customers in the milking industry
- We implement and operate additional solutions for our customers in the Azure Cloud, e.g. Condition Monitoring, Alarm Management and Data Analytics
- In the cloud we work with e.g. App Services, virtual networks, VMs, Application Gateways, Container Instances, Azure Bastion, Azure Data Lake, ARM Templates, Function Apps, Logic Apps, Grafana, ComosDB and in the near future for sure with Kubernetes and Terraform
Why we need you:
- Together with your team you develop our cloud applications and extend our existing products
- You monitor and control the rollout of our cloud applications
- You provide support if one of our applications gets stuck, you analyze bugs and you assist our product support team if needed
How you contribute:
- You are an IT specialist, have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar qualification
- You value reproducible results to ensure highest quality for our customers
- You are committed and you have fun working together in a team for the development and delivery of our solutions
- You might already have some experience in the software development in cloud environments
- You are interested in programming languages, databases, cloud platforms (e.g. Azure or AWS) and in the technical and organizational challenges that come with software systems in the cloud
- You are willing to occasionally travel (less than 10% of your time, including international travels) and you have good English and ideally German language skills
If you are interested to work with us in this setting, please send us your application. We offer an attractive compensation package in scope of the collective wage agreement of the metal and electrical industries, a great work-life-balance (30 vacation days, 35h/week, 40% mobile work, flextime and health benefits) as well as a grant for retirement planning.
GEA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will therefore receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, world view, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualification are welcome and will be given preferential consideration.